Bonafide members of the College of Arts and Sciences who wish to use library facilities of the University are required to register for library privileges. None registration is waving your privileges. Your library countersigned UP Identification Card is your gate pass to any library in the University.
- Fill out the online registration form at https://goo.gl/U1tEvV
- Only UP Manila students with active UP email account could fill the online form. Make ready for the snapshot of your UP ID card for attachment.
- Proceed to the CAS Library Registration Counter and present the followings:
- UP issued Identification Card (with current semester sticker)
- Student - Form 5
- The library will verify if the student fill-out the online registration form, and check your Form5
- Students without current semester ID Card sticker and Form 5 are required to print their SAIS account form for the current semester
- Have the printout certified by the Office of the College Secretary (OCS)
- The certified printout will be your temporary gate pass to libraries with limited privileges.
- You will be asked to return to get back your Library Countersigned ID Card.
Lost Identification Card
Students who lost his/her IDs must immediately apply for a replacement and pay the fee. Forms are available at the Office of Associate Dean for Planning and Development (ADPD).
- Online enlistment: 18 July, 8:00am - 21 July, 5:00pm
- Regular registration: 24 July, 8:30am - 28 July, 4:30pm
- 24 July
- 8:30am - 11:30am: Graduating students or students with SN 2014 and below
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm: Students with SN 2015
- 25 July
- 8:30am - 11:30am: Students with SN 2016
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm: Shiftees and transferees
- 26 July: Lifting of restrictions at 12:01am
- 8:30am - 11:30am: Students who are still underloaded or those with required/seasonal courses
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm: Students who are readmitted from LOA, AWOL, dismissed/delinquency status
- 27 July
- 8:30am - 11:30am: Students with approved request for overload, ASOC
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm: Non-degree students or cross-registrants from other UP units
- 28 July: Continuation of registration for all students
- 24 July
For detailed instructions on the registration process, please visit the FB page of the Office of the College Secretary (OCS).
For the list of shiftees and transferees that have been accepted into their respective programs, please visit the FB page of the Office of the College Secretary (OCS).
UP Manila Chancellor Carmencita D. Padilla recently met with faculty members of CAS to discuss the status of research projects, research collaboration, funding sources, possible use of laboratory rooms of the new NIH building for research and other research related matters. Vice Chancellor for Research and NIH Executive Director Eva Maria Cutiongco - De la Paz spoke on the subject of Minimizing Bureaucracy to Maximize Research Efficiency.
This June, CAS held its annual team building for Administrative and support staff. This year’s theme was “Review of CSC Policies/Procedures and Excellent Customer Service”. The event kicked off with a series of workshops/seminars held at UP Manila Theater, with the following topics:
June 9, 2017- Excellent Customer Service.
Mr. Michael Angelo Austria, AVP for Human Resources and Organizational Development Division at Profriends (PCFI) discussed the importance of 5 Star Customer Service, meaning a commitment to a sincere, timely, accurate and responsive (STAR) service.
The Philippine Commission on Women (PCW), in partnership with the University of the Philippines Manila College of Arts and Sciences and other agencies held a forum on Menstrual Hygiene on May 26 at the UP Manila Theatre. It was part of the Philippine’s initiative to support the International Menstrual Hygiene Day on May 28. The forum aimed to contribute in breaking the myths and misconceptions on menstruation; spread awareness about good menstrual hygiene; and highlight the effects of having a good menstrual hygiene in women and girls’ health and education.
With research entitled “Cytoxicity of Ten Philippine Medicinal Plants (10HG) on the A549 Lung Carcinoma Cell Line”, Scott Dean P. De Sagun from CAS was one of the 30 BPI - DOST Science awardees from ten universities in the Philippines this 2017.
The BPI - DOST science award enables new generations of leaders and innovators to address competitive issues in science, research and technology and challenges them to create lasting impacts and social innovations for the betterment of our communities (BPI-DOST Science Award 2017 guidebook).