“We are the Prepian Class of 1966. We first climbed those pitted but stately steps to the third floor of Rizal Hal in the late summer of ’62. John Kennedy was in the White House, Pope John XXIII had just convened Vatican II;Diosdado Macapagal was newly-installed in Malacanang. Carlos P. Romulo had just become UP President and a streamer at the top of the stairway landing proclaimed the admonition in greeting that “Punctuality is the courtesy of kings. … Padre Faura was a quiet street flush with bookstores...
Schedule of Activities
- 29 February
- 9:00am - 12:00pm - Forum on Behaviorial Health (Venue: PGH Science Hall)
- 1:00pm - Opening of BestSoc Exhibit
- 1 and 3 March - BehCineman (Venue: Sentro Oftalmologic Jose Rizal Hall, PGH)
- 10:00am - 11:30am - 1st screening
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm - 2nd screening
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm - 3rd screening
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm - 4th screening
- 2 March - Outreach Program (Venue: Hospicio de San Jose)
- 4 March - BehSciYad (Venue: PGH Science Hall)
Last January 31, 2016, a group of BA Organizational Communication students won the Public Relations Society of the Philippines Grand Prix Competition held at ICITE Building, Eastwood, Libis, Quezon City, with their campaign AGAPito: #BeBagyoReady.
Two competing teams from UP Manila, Team AGAPito and #KapitPH Team Kapitan, made it to the finals. Team AGAPito was named champion with a unanimous decision from the judges, garnering a score of 97%.
It was a special day which marked the beginning of new leadership at the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). “Napakahalaga ng araw na eto dahil simula ito ng isang panibagong yugto dito sa CAS”, remarked Chancellor Padilla as she delivered her speech after administering the oath taking of the new Dean and his management team in a simple ceremony held at the CAS Oblation Garden.
Dean Leonardo R. Estacio Jr., Professor and former Chair of the Department of Behavioral Sciences was recently appointed by the Board of Regents as the 10th Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, University of the Philippines Manila (UPM).