A center of excellence in biological research and education which produces competent, nationalistic and ethical biologists while upholding the values of the University.
- To produce outstanding and humane biologists who can teach, conduct research and pursue advanced studies in biology and related disciplines
- It shall provide its relevance to society through instruction, research, and public service that addresses the health, socioeconomic and environmental concerns of the nation
- To foster collaboration and linkages with other institutions, provide competency based training programs for community service and promote advocacy concerning national and global issues
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- The program aims to develop individuals equipped with scientific competence for future professional study and the social conscience that will motivate them to continuously seek ways and means to improve the living conditions of the Filipino people through science and technology.
Marilen P Balolong, DrPH
Microbiology, Functional food development, Probiotics and postbiotics, Antimicrobial resistance and resistomes, Human and environmental microbiome: Metagenomics and metabolomics, Vaccines and drug discovery for viruses, Zoonotic and environmental virology: Viromes
Joel C Cornista, MSc
Microbial genetics and ecology, Medical microbiology, Multi drug resistance (ESBL-producers), Gene cloning, Overexpression and purification of important proteins
Samuel M Go, MPH
Public Health (Microbiology, Statistics), Ecological and public health assessment and monitoring, Urban mold ecology, Microbial symbiosis and interactions, Novel sources of antimicrobial metabolites
Edison Jay A Pagoso, MS