A leading exemplar of academic professionals committed to promoting a nationalist, democratic, scientific, and health-oriented education in the social sciences.
- To provide the highest standards of academic instruction and innovative teaching methods in the field of the social sciences;
- To produce outstanding social scientists who will serve as paragons in advancing the interest of the Filipino people while upholding the values of freedom, social justice, and international humanitarianism;
- To conduct inter-disciplinary collaboration and relevant studies in the social sciences which address various concerns and problems of the Philippine society and the globalized world.
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (Area Studies)
- The program is a multi- and trans-disciplinary program that studies specific geographical and cultural areas, in particular the Philippines and Asia, utilizing the different social science disciplines of history, politics, economics, geography, anthropology, and sociology. The program prepares the students for careers in teaching, research, policy studies, advocacy works, and employment in NGOs, government and private offices, and in the civil society sector.
- It is also very good preparation for law school and graduate studies in any field of the social sciences. With its extensive social science preparation and basic knowledge of a non-English foreign language, the degree also serves as excellent preparation for a career in the diplomatic service or in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- The program is multidisciplinary and covers the traditional study of politics, emerging issues on health social sciences, Islamic and other religious movements, peace and conflict resolution, human rights, gender studies, sustainable development and the organizing, ethics to people’s diplomacy, from the static approach to the civil society approach. The program offers opportunities in law, teaching, research, advocacy, and foreign service and international affairs.
- Bachelor of Arts in Developmental Studies
- The program is a multi-disciplinal social science program, combining economics, political science, and cultural studies. The graduates of Development Studies easily find careers in the undertaking and supervision of socio-economics projects both in the local and international sciences, in government institutions, in the foreign service, non-government organization, and in the academe.
- The course also offers opportunities in business, particularly in the fields of economic and financial analysis and managerial work. It could also serve as a preparatory course for taking up law studies.